- Harvest: 2021
- Origin: Sichuan, China
- Caffeine : 40~50mg / Cup (~8oz) - Low Caffeinated
- Grade: Supreme ★★★★★
- Tea Leaves: Green Tea + Dried Jasmine Buds
- Brew Ratio: 1:40~50
- Expired Date: 18 Months
- Storage Conditions: Dry, Refrigerated, No odor, Well-Sealed, Sunshine Shielded, Low Temperature;
What Is Jasmine Tea (Mo Li Maojian)?
This kind of Meng ding Mao Jian green tea has been combined with handmade jasmines and processed for several curing methods.
Tea leaves used for making jasmines are picked from early spring when they are young and tender with light yellowish color till mid-summer when they grow into mature leaves with dark green color. The tea has a sweet and delicate jasmine aroma and a smooth, mellow taste with a hint of floral sweetness.
Jasmine Tea is a type of green tea that is combined with jasmine flowers and has a sweet and delicate aroma. It has a smooth, mellow taste with a hint of floral sweetness.
Moli Maojian Jasmine tea is made from high mountain Maojian tea, carefully selected to provide the base for this special tea. Jasmine flowers are added to the leaves just as they reach their peak of aroma and sweetness. Over several months, the tea undergoes a process of curing, fermenting, and drying which melds it with jasmines to produce a subtle flavor that lingers on your tongue. It has a pale golden color when steeped.
How to make Jasmine Tea (Moli Maojian)?
Step 1. Generally, scoop 3~5g Maojian tea for every 200ml (7oz) water.
Step 2. The water temperature for brewing green tea should be around 80~85º C.
Step 3. Pour the hot water over the tea leaves, and wait for about 2 minutes then serve. The best practice is to use a glass cup or Gai Wan.
Step 4. Brew 3-4 times is preferred.
- Jasmine green tea can be brewed in a variety of ways, according to your own preference. We suggest brewing it Gong Fu style with a glass teapot or gaiwan to appreciate its flavor and aroma fully.
- For the best results, use fresh, cold water that has been boiled for about 3 minutes. The water temperature should be around 80-85°C (176 - 185 °F).
- Steep the tea for 2 minutes 30 seconds maximum per cup brewing time. You steep it multiple times depending on your taste.
- You can steep the tea from 10 times to 15 times, every 5 seconds.
- Pour the brewed tea soup into your cup immediately after brewing to enjoy its fresh aroma.
Jasmine Tea Health Benefits
1. Weight LossJasmine tea is mostly made by green tea and contains oxidants that can aid to burn belly fat. It has the highest level of oxidants, which are also called catechins. Once this oxidant is mixed with caffeine contained, it can effectively lead to increased metabolism and burn fat. Meanwhile, Vitamin C can reduce cholesterol levels and blood lipids. So drinking regularly every day is a best practice to help you lose weight. Studies have shown that Jasmine tea may accelerate people's metabolism by 4~6 % meanwhile increasing belly fat burning by 11~17% efficiently.
2. EnergizingCaffeine in Jasmine tea is not too high, about 30~70mg/cup. But it's enough to make you refreshing, improve your thinking, and work more effectively. The best time to drink is in the morning. This is because Caffeine is not easy to get rid of your body until 8 hours later. This may lead to some insomnia issues if you drink either Jasmine tea or other green teas in the evening.
3. Cancer PreventionJasmine tea has a high concentration of catechins and polyphenols that can help to prevent various cancers.
4. Prevent Tooth Decay
The Jasmine tea leaves contain fluoride which can help teeth calcium to react and generate "fluorine apatite". This is a material that is very difficult to dissolve in acid. So teeth just likely add a protective mask and enhanced anti-acid ability.
5. Great Coffee Substitute
Jasmine tea le People always like Coffees but the caffeine in Coffee brings a lot of side effects. Like other green teas, Jasmine contains a moderate amount of caffeine, it can also make you more focused, energizing but not as strong as coffee. So it's a good alternative to drinking against Coffee.
6. Improves Heart Health
Like other green teas, studies have shown that Jasmine tea can lower blood pressure and keep the body's cholesterol levels under control. Thus drinking Jasmine teas regularly can prevent atherosclerosis and lower your risk of heart attack, coronary heart problems, and stroke.
7. Reduce Blood Pressure
Jasmine tea contains abundant Tea Polyphenols which can promote blood circulation and remove blood stasis. Meanwhile, can lower blood pressure to a normal level.
Jasmine Tea Side Effects
There are not many side effects related to Jasmine tea but it may sometimes lead to gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea, constipation, and stomach problems. In addition, drinking too much tea may lead to the nervous system and sleep problems.