- Harvest: 2022
- Origin: Laoshan, Qingdao, Shandong, China
- Caffeine : 40~50mg / Cup (~7oz) - Low Caffeinated
- Tea Leaves: Roasted green tea with peas fragrance.
- Grade: Supreme ★★★★☆
- Brew Ratio: 1:40~50
- Expired Date: 18 Months
- Storage Conditions: Dry, Refrigerated, No odor, Well-Sealed, Sunshine Shielded, Low Temperature;
What Is Laoshan Green Tea & Health Benefits?
1. What is Laoshan Green Tea?
Laoshan green tea is a high-quality, loose-leaf green tea sourced from Laoshan village in Shandong province, China. The tea is hand-picked and has a sweet, smooth taste with a slightly nutty flavor.
"Lao Shan" literally translates as “Old Mountain” in Chinese and refers to mountains found outside of China's major cities where few people reside.
2. What are the health benefits of Laoshan green tea?
Studies show that Laoshan green tea helps enhance weight loss, combat cancer, and reduce cholesterol levels. Additionally, there is evidence supporting the role of green tea in lowering blood pressure and preventing cardiovascular disease.
Laoshan green tea is rich in antioxidants and has been shown to have many health benefits, including:
• Boosting metabolism and helping with weight loss
• Reducing inflammation and protecting against cancer
• Fighting bacteria and viruses
• Supporting heart health
• Improving cognitive function and preventing dementia
3. How do I brew Laoshan green tea?
Brewing instructions vary depending on the type of teapot or brewing device you are using. However, general guidelines are as follows:
- Bring water to a boil
- Pour about 8 oz of hot water over 1 teaspoon of tea leaves
- Steep for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
4. What is the best time of day to drink Laoshan green tea?
There is no definitive answer as to when is the best time of day to drink Laoshan green tea. However, many people enjoy drinking it in the morning or afternoon as a refreshing beverage. Green tea is also said to be beneficial before bedtime as it helps promote relaxation and aids in sleep.
5. Frequently Asked Questions about Laoshan Teas
Q: How do I store my Laoshan green tea?
A: Storing your Laoshan green tea properly is important in order to maintain its freshness and flavor. Tea should be kept away from heat, light, and moisture. We recommend storing it in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Q: Is Laoshan green tea caffeinated?
A: Yes, all types of green tea contain caffeine. However, the amount of caffeine varies depending on the type of tea leaves used and how it is brewed. For instance, Laoshan green tea is made from young leaves that contain less caffeine than older leaves. Also, shorter brewing times produce a lower level of caffeine since it does not allow the plant to release as much.